Alta Inspection Services, Inc. offers a variety of services to offer to the Real Estate community, home buyers, home sellers and home owners. Alta has over 25 years experience in the home inspection industry, having performed over 20,000 residential, commercial and multi-family inspections and over 10,000 energy audits. As President of Alta Inspection Services, I am proud to continue to provide the highest level of quality and professional service to our clients. Alta has been considered number one in the inspection industry because of what we offer and how we perform.
- Full offering of services. Including pre purchase home inspections, pre listing inspections, pest inspections (termites and wood destroying insects), Radon testing, EIFS (Dryvit) inspections, Mold testing, indoor air quality testing, energy evaluation and specialized inspections (i.e. moisture problems and problem solving).
- Quick response and turnaround. We pledge to complete the inspections and provide written reports within 1-3 days after being contacted. We will typically fax or e-mail copies of the reports to Realtors, attorneys and clients the same day the inspection is completed.
- Service, reliability and professionalism. Our goal is to provide the highest level of service to our clients. We will make ourselves available for walkthroughs and follow-up questions. As in the past we aim to put things in proper perspective, and not needlessly alarm our clients.
- Experience. Our inspectors have combined for over 65 years of experience in various aspects of the inspection, construction and building industry. We also have extensive experience in new construction, environmental issues, new materials and product performance.
Every professional inspector on our team is licensed by the State of Illinois. Alta Inspection Services is a member of American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) and our inspections follow the ASHI standards of practice.
Contact Us today to learn more about and how AIS can meet your needs for a quality, full service, and professional inspection company. Consider referring us to your clients as we pledge to perform the highest quality of service and professionalism available. We look forward to doing business with you soon.
What We Offer
Items typically covered in an inspection:
• Walk on roof (when possible), check shingles, chimney, flashing, roof structure, gutters, vents, etc.
• Siding, windows, doors, drainage, wood trim condition, walks, driveway, patio/deck/balconies
• Basement - Walls, floor, framing, sump pump(s), structural elements, dampness / flooding,
• Crawlspace - Walls, drainage, vapor barrier, insulation, ventilation, structural elements
Age, type, condition, controls, efficacy, efficiency, components, check for gas leaks, CO, Fireplaces
Age, type, condition, operation (weather permitting)
- Electric System
Amperage, voltage, service type and entry, adequacy, wiring type and condition, outlets, safety devices
Piping type and condition, water pressure, delivery method, water heater, waste system type, condition, fixtures
Type, condition, operation
Insulation, ventilation, roof structure, energy recommendations
Windows, doors, walls, ceilings
This is a summary of the typical items covered in a normal Home Inspection. Additional services include Radon gas measurement, Termite inspections, Dryvit inspections, Mold testing, Indoor Air Quality, Energy Audits, specialized problem solving. These items are not included in a normal inspection and have additional fees.
Our Service Area
Cook County Illinois
Evanston, Des Plaines, Glencoe, Glenview, Kenilworth, Lincolnwood, Morton Grove, Niles, Northbrook, Northfield, Park Ridge, Rosemont, Skokie, Oak Park, Berwyn, Cicero, River Forest, Chicago, Elmwood Park, Riverside, Brookfield, La Grange, La Grange Park, Western Springs, Justice and Summit
DuPage County Illinois
Addison, Argonne, Bensenville, Bloomingdale, Burr Ridge, Carol Stream, Clarendon Hills, Darien, Downers Grove, Elmhurst, Eola, Fox Valley, Glen Ellyn, Glendale Heights, Hinsdale, Itasca, Lisle, Lombard, Medinah, Naperville, Oak Brook, Oakbrook Terrace, Roselle, Villa Park, Warrenville, Wayne, West Chicago, Westmont, Wheaton, Willowbrook, Winfield, Wood Dale, and Woodridge.
Kane County Illinois
Aurora, Batavia, Big Rock, Burlington, Carpentersville, East Dundee, Elburn, Elgin, Geneva, Gilberts, Hampshire, Kaneville, LaFox, Maple Park, Mooseheart, North Aurora, Plato Center, St. Charles, Sleepy Hollow, South Elgin, Sugar Grove, Virgil, Wasco, and West Dundee.
Southern Cook County
Orland Park, Oak Forest, Tinley Park, Palos Heights, Palos Park, Hickory Hills, Oak Lawn, New Lennox, Lemont, Chicago Ridge, Oak Lawn, Frankfort, Mokena, Worth, Bridgeview, Burbank and Evergreen Park
Will County Illinois
Joliet, Bolingbrook, Romeoville, Plainfield, Shorewood, Crest Hill and Lockport